Blog Archive

Friday 8 July 2016

OK.  So if we didn't eat lamb there wouldn't be any.  The countryside would be a bleaker place.  But they have found a place in my heart,  I love meat, but have always limited it to farmed stock and have avoided duck, venison etc.  That seemed a good compromise. Nothing used to be tastier than Spring lamb.  But now I live in the country and walk daily though England's green and pleasant land. I watch the ewes with their swollen bellies.  I watch their babies, singles, twins and even triplets.  I watch the lambs grow.  Even Mars makes friends with them.  I watch them go to market.  Buck up I told myself as my husband came home with a lusty leg of lamb.  Get it in the oven, stop imagining it with fur on it, running around.  So I did just about cook it.  And watched my family enjoy it.   But I made do with vegetables.

No comments:

Post a Comment