Blog Archive

Wednesday 30 April 2014

Sabotaging the Russians

There has been a very fine Russian ensemble singing in our local church.  As their powerful voices soared no doubt they were looking forward to vodka and relaxation.  We had offered to bed down one comrade for the night and were pleased to be able to offer hospitality to the counter tenor - a charming guest.  He and the baritone drunk gustily of  whisky (not vodka) after the performance and although a little surprised that they could imbibe so freely and still perform the following day I decided this was the Russian way.  I left Mars happily weaving through their legs and took myself to bed.

On saying goodbye to our very polite guest I noticed he had rather red eyes, a snuffly nose and a dry cough
.'Oh dear,' say I, 'I hope you haven't caught a cold'
.No' he replies. 'I am allergic to dog.'

No comments:

Post a Comment